Buying your first home is both an exciting and can be a nerve-wracking time! However, we are home buying professionals and we have helped hundreds of other first-time home buyers just like you purchase their home. Below are a couple of tips on how to help you prepare so you don’t feel so overwhelmed!
It is important to remember to be ready to compromise on a home’s features based on the budget you have. In addition, you should practice maintaining good lines of communication too. Maintaining good lines of communication with your real estate agent is crucial to a smooth transaction. It creates an efficient first-time home buying process, plus it will make your home buying experience much more pleasant!
Know the Difference Between Your Wants & Your Needs
Before searching for your first home, we recommend that you think about your wants versus your needs. Keep in mind, your wants are what you desire in a home and your needs are what you absolutely must have in your first home. You can always change the house, but you can never change its location!
Here’s a few sample questions to help you figure out what your wants and needs are for your first home:
- How far do you want to be from your job, to loved ones, or to local amenities?
- Do you prefer to live in an urban or suburban area?
- Do you have a school district that you would like to be in?
- Do you wish to purchase your first home near shopping and dining?
- Has the neighborhood you are interested in held its value? (Our agents can provide statistics.)
Once you’re ready to begin your search for your first home, remember these helpful house hunting tips:
- Always preview homes together with your Real Estate Agent. That way they can help you figure out what you really like in a home and what you can live without.
- After so many showings, the houses will start to look similar so in order to keep track of the houses you’ve seen, it’s a good idea to take a few pictures.
- You can also take some notes about each home.
- Limit your search to 4 homes per day.
- Limit your search to homes that fit your budget.
Are You Ready to Get Started?
Now that you’ve gone through this exercise, you’re ready to get pre-approved and start your home search!
Reach out to us at Movementum Realty and we will schedule a first-time home buyers’ consultation to discuss how we will help make your first home buying dream come true.